Thursday, July 29, 2010

Inception

Consider my mind blown.

I've seen this movie twice
already and I still don't know exactly what happened. I mean, I do,
but I don't. It was really smart for being a movie with a ton of
action. Usually the two don't go together.

The
combination of intelligence and things blowing up/people being shot/car
chases would probably be enough to impress me. But add in Joseph
Gordon-Levitt (a sort of geeky-chic hottie) floating around in a world
without gravity and fighting with projections of people, Ellen Page being
Ellen Page-y, and some witty dialogue and - BAM! - I'm sold, not to
mention the layered and complexly patterned wardrobes, funny accents, and
the ending that caused me to have a physical reaction (which very nearly
included me shouting things at the screen).

I haven't been this
engrossed in a movie for a long time. I came out of the theater
wanting to talk about it for hours on end. At first, my
companions were just as into it as I was. But after a while, when
pleasant silences had just settled only to be interrupted by my sudden
exclamation of "AND! Did you see the part where she completely defied
the laws of physics?!!?!", people started getting annoyed. They
were like, "Yeah, we saw that part, we watched the movie with
you."

But I couldn't help it. I thought that the
more I talked about it, the more I would understand. Of course, I
was wrong.

Maybe if I write a blog post about it...

**UPDATE**

Yeah, so I just found out that the crazy intense musical score is just Edith Piaf's "Non, je ne regrette rien" (the song used for the countdown in the movie while in dreams) slowed down. In case I had been blown away before, now I really really really am. Really.

No comments: